- General: added embedded updater to update PPiMMS version automatically.
- General: integrated new lidars.
- License: added options, viewer version is not available anymore.
- Odometric Trajectory: added parameter to modify trajectory attitude without recomputing trajectory
- Loop Constraint Computation: added property to keep block-registration reliability for systems with lidar occlusion on the ground (ie vehicle roof).
- Filter point cloud: added lidar noise filter.
- Export Point Cloud: added filter choice applied on exported point cloud.
- 3D Viewer: Parameters are saved and restored between PPiMMS sessions.
- 3D Viewer: added 3D disk that gives plane orientation of point cloud under the mouse pointer. Added mode to interpolate last computed 3D disk orientation and mouse pointer. Constraint selection is not available in this mode.
- Tree View: added double-click on Treeview node to call “GoTo” method for each 3D object.
- Constraint Residual DockWidget: refactored widget: multi-acquisition management, real-time update, constraint category colorization, auto-scale on vertical axis according selected constraints, “GoTo” on double-click.
- General: fixed issue if a sensor has a timestamp offset.
- Synchronization: fixed gaps on acquisition start.
- General: renamed main menu titles but menu remains the same.
- General: moved Colorization actions from “Post-process” menu to “Result” menu.
- Navigation Constraint Computation: removed message in console when modifying EPSG code.
- VLP-32C sensor management.
- Added new lidar mask geometries.
- Fixed update of image export settings.
- Fixed transition of Centered-view from Orthographic mode.
- Fixed export of colored point cloud with z-relative min/max option.
- Fixed UDP Broadcasting crash.
- Fixed GRN file reading for GNSS data.
- Added clicked point UDP broadcasting in 3D Viewer.
- 3D Viewer: rotation locked in Ortho+Top preset view mode.
- Algorithm settings: setting of several acquisitions with identical parameters at once.
- Batch Result Tasks: all executable tasks on a Result are batch-processable: colorization, filtering and data export.
- Batch Processing: add preload settings option.
- Batch Processing: GUI standardization with Batch Result Tasks.
- Navigation Constraint Computation: external file EPSG code is automatically set to be compliant with Project projection.
- Navigation Constraint Computation: remove frequency adding criteria.
- Add Result to Workspace: multiple selection available.
- Export Trajectory: new bin format export for Qinertia software with full inertial data.
- Export Point Cloud: added option to remove additional fields of LAS export.
- Colorize Point Cloud: the options have been reorganized to be easier to understand.
- 3D Viewer: fixed points loading in 3D viewer when “Maximum of displayed points” is changed.
- 3D Viewer: the GPU is no longer used when no project is active.
- Acquisition Import: fixed progress bar value during raw folder import.
- Batch Processing: fixed Multi-Acquisitions settings loading/saving.
- Colorize Point Cloud: fixed colorization with fish-eye camera.
- Odometric Trajectory: fixed Trajectory Computation call crash in case of wrong inertial file.
- Odometric Trajectory: fixed motion used on accumulation step.
- Odometric Trajectory: fixed bad behavior on odometric constraints computation step (fast and more precise).
- Odometric Trajectory: fixed “complex environment” SLAM for iMMS systems.
- Navigation Constraint Computation: fixed no lever-arm OPTI lidar case.
- Export Trajectory: fixed the shift adding during trajectory export.
- Export Point Cloud: fixed Z-relative filter to be the same as 3D filter widget.
- User Constraint: added Acquisition name of the clicked block in the block selector pop-up.
- Acquisition Diagnostic: add Acquisition name in the diagnostic file.
- Several GUI simplifications to improve user experience.
- New support management on software crash: generated log file can be sent to support team.
- Acquisition Diagnostic: added information in diagnostic file (VEC and logs file’s content).
- Acquisition Diagnostic: added diagnostic for vMS3D-HD (SBG Apogee D, Z&F Profiler).
- 3D Viewer: added section view’s move with ALT+Scroll.
- 3D Viewer: added modification of maximum displayed points through context menu.
- 3D Viewer: added a colorization layer to display reflectivity based on HSV angles.
- 3D Viewer: modified “lidar range” and “z-relative” layer color dynamics.
- 3D Viewer: modified “Selection Helper”.
- Colorize Point Cloud: improved colorization based on unstitched Ladybug cameras.
- Point Cloud Export: added LAZ export.
- Synchronization: fixed bad NMEA RMC frames at the beginning of lidar data generated bad synchronization.
- Navigation Constraint Computation: in case of post-processed GNSS data, possibility to change the EPSG code of input data.
- Loop Constraint Computation: avoided twisted blocks at BLOCK level (only 3D case) and consequently helps the loop search.
- 3D Viewer: fixed point cloud loading/unloading.
- Webviewer Export: fixed crash if only images were exported.
- Fixed crash on application closing when pictures are processed in silent task.
- Navigation Constraint Computation: wrong parameter was shown/hidden in real time mode.
- Image Export: moved image e57 export to image export.
- Import Acquisition: added diagnostic on raw acquisition data and synchronized acquisition data.
- Odometric Trajectory: possibility to use external AHRS data for SLAM.
- Odometric Trajectory: managed new external data format. Single file for position, speed and orientation.
- Export Point Cloud: added speed filter to remove high points density on stop phases.
- 3D Viewer: fixed picking on images when temporal filter is used (3D viewer filter panel).
- Navigation Constraint Computation: fixed bad constraint generation on the borders of bad GNSS reception areas.
- Loop/Semi-Automatic Constraint Computation: fixed 3D registration issue on dense point-clouds.
- Colorize Point Cloud: fixed crash on colorization via menu or tool-bar action.
- Export Trajectory: true heading in BIN file is not written on deactivated blocks.
- Export Point Cloud: Cloud Compare v1 bin file export manage a coordinate offset (user has to set the shift values).
- Export Point Cloud: fixed extension setting.
- Geo-positioning: PROJ library used for the mapping projections has been updated with its datum content.
- Path convention: “#” character is excluded from file paths within PPiMMS working directories.
- Odometric Trajectory: partial filtering (accumulator 2d/3d, vertical) if odometric trajectory is not launched on the entire acquisition.
- Odometric Trajectory: restored SLAM 2D for 3D systems.
- Odometric Trajectory: reactivation of SLAM for vMS3D-HD.
- Loop Constraint Computation: loop constraint uncertainty set to Intermediate instead of Default.
- Global Optimization and Constraints: modified the uncertainty integration.
- Semi-Auto Constraint Computation: improved registration for semi-auto constraints. New estimation of initial error.
- Miscellaneous: management of systems with lidar OPTI different from lidar SLAM.
- Validate Result: added option to compute Position Accuracy. The accuracy can be found in trajectory export.
- Validate Result: added progress dialog.
- Colorize Point Cloud: added an option to colorize with images of another acquisition of the project.
- Export Point Cloud: added option “16 bits colors” in las export to create las with colors encoded in 16 bits.
- Export Trajectory: added new export format POS.
- 3D Viewer: added section view following a line traced by the user (Alt + click). Width of the section can be set in viewer context menu (right click in the 3D viewer).
- 3D Viewer: added bottom, left, right, front, back view action in viewer context menu.
- 3D Viewer: added new preset viewer mode: section + orthographic mode.
- Odometric Trajectory: fixed lidar data file release after computing trajectory.
- Global Optimization: fixed optimization failure on trajectories calculated with Inertial Data Integration + SLAM mode.
- Export Point Cloud: removed the option to change the EPSG code of the point cloud export.
- Export Trajectory: fixed export of True Heading in bin file when internal time of INS was reset.
- 3D Viewer: fixed the display of perspective image edges when timestamp filters were used.
- Tree View: fixed automatically check of the External Data nodes.
- 3D Viewer: updated viewer mode icons.
- vMS3D-HD post-processing is now available.
- Added tree-view nodes states (expended, checked) saving and loading.
- Added timestamps filtering for all objects in the 3D viewer.
- It’s now possible to choose a filter in Localization Map export.
- Improved reflectivity dynamic for Velodyne lidars.
- Check data integrity on acquisition import.
- Improved Z-registration of loops constraints.
- Added export True Heading to BIN.
- Synchronization more robust when missing timestamping.
- Inertial Data Integration (trajectory computation) can be launched with INS daily data.
- Synchronization version upgrade (version 2).
- Refactor the way to update menus and tool-bars to be compliant with Multi-Acquisitions.
- Avoid crash in case of empty trajectory computed.
- Fixed several algorithms canceling.
- Fixed post-processed acquisition (with valid projection) adding in an empty project.
- Wait silent task finished before de-activate project or close environment.
- Fixed loops searching failure for Multi-Acquisitions project.
- Fixed crash at the end of the picture export.
- Fixed colorization failure when first lidar was not selected.
- SLAM with estimation: case without AHRS/IMU aiding didn’t manage estimation.
- RGB files were not copied on the action “Add Result To Workspace”.
- Z-estimation trajectory removed on “Add Result To Workspace”.
- Global Optimization and NAV constraints crashed if all the blocks of an acquisition were deselected (Multi-Acquisitions).
- Fixed some random wrong data creation on Velodyne data correction: avoid failure on trajectory computation and/or loops searching freeze.
- Fixed random behavior of trajectory computation by blocks (e.g., Inertial Data Integration + SLAM).
- Fixed crash on constraint picking.
- Change and update the Dirty Mode: the dirty mode means that the current Optimization doesn’t integrate the last manual actions.
- “Add Result To Workspace” feature added in Toolbar and Menu.
- Added cancel breaks between steps during loops searching.
- Semi-Auto constraints: force constraint generation, even if bad registration.
- Split SLAM/Optimization mode management of lidars.
- Miscellaneous behavior modifications in Batch dialog: ONE or ALL acquisitions mode management, remove checking of synchronization for ALL acquisitions…
- Fixed Velodyne lidar data correction on Synchronization step.
- Multi-Acquisitions is now available: manage several acquisitions in one project!
- Added result restoration within the workspace.
- New actions: add acquisition post-processed in another project (in the same environment), remove acquisition.
- AHRS and IMU data fusion with SLAM algorithm to improved trajectory computation in high kinematic.
- Added IDS camera synchronization.
- Added deletion of constraints’ selection (tree-view).
- Added steps in algorithm operation progress dialog.
- New SLAM parameter: minimal lidar distance threshold.
- Fixed non-numeric data reading in NAV data and GNSS data files.
- Default path for pictures and trajectories export modified to avoid overwriting issue.
- Fixed Vertical Scan export.
- Classification remove from LAS export.
- Fixed crash when an export of point cloud with new colorization was called.
- XYZ export for trajectory modified to respect the documentation.
- No special character in environment file path accepted.
- Fixed bad Z-positioning of loop constraints.
- Fixed SLAM computation with input estimation.
- Changelog readable in ‘About PPiMMS’.
- Z-Estimation result deactivated for Multi-Acquisitions.
- Support for new lidar calibration files.
- Improved Vertical filter (3D acquisitions): faster and smoother.
- Split “Merged SLAM lidars” display thanks to filter check-boxes (Workspace tree-view).
- Added operation progress bar on the bottom of the window.
- Image processing launched in silent mode (use the new operation progress bar).
- Trajectory computation can be aborted.
- Added button in Batch dialog to reset settings.
- Remove useless consecutive constraints after loops searching and optimization.
- Added log message when low free disk space.
- Trajectory computation on blocks available for all methods.
- Fixed offset adding in E57 export.
- Fixed point picking with 3D viewer filters.
- UTC time kept by synchronization.
- Improved project loading time.
- GCPs can be read from an external file.
- Better 3D constraint matching, no need to launch point-cloud filter.
- Point-cloud colorization action is available within the Workspace.
- Enhanced tool bar.
- Loops and NAV constraints functions interchanged: NAV constraints first.
- Display node name of each tree-view node with mouse focus.
- Ladybug pictures computation faster.
- New Ladybug camera synchronization.
- If system is able to compute in absolute UTC time, this time is used.
- New default settings for SLAM 3D.
- Modified trajectory computation settings interface:
- Added inertial data integration from external file.
- Split attitude and heading correction (AHRS or IMU option).
- Modified NAV constraints settings interface:
- Possibility to compute NAV constraints from real-time GNSS data.
- Lever arm can be chosen when post-processed data option is checked.
- Automatic algorithms settings saving/loading. Settings are sorted by system.
- Better perspective images displaying (debayering and white balance).
- Colorization improvement: images availability is checked.
- Added heading accuracy trigger for using SLAM during Inertial Data Integration + SLAM: SLAM is launched where heading accuracy is poor.
- Added e57 format in point-cloud export.
- Optimization works even if only 1 (2D) or 2 (3D) absolute constraints are available: just apply a translation!
- Fixed crash on successive synchronization (Batch) of the same acquisition.
- Fixed bad behaviors on loops searching:
- Avoid to try matching between blocks with few features.
- Settings are all taken into account.
- Reduction of the number of 3D mismatch.
- Trajectory re-computation caused application crashes.
- Fixed misused of threshold parameters on NAV constraints computation.
- Taking into account Active Blocks parameter to export sensors trajectories.
- Fixed optimization failure when a whole part of trajectory was unselected.
- Range MIN and Range MAX parameters were not used in Localization Map Creation.
- Generated constraints were not added with selected confidence.
- During Inertial Data Integration + SLAM computation, SLAM was launched on the whole trajectory when Inertial Data Integration supplied a good result on the whole trajectory.
- Added PPiMMS_Console.exe: possibility to start PPiMMS algorithms without GUI.
- Added properties file management.
- Added Spatial Reference System definition in LAS files.
- Optimization improvement when project contains loop and NAV constraints.
- Reactivated feature: Trajectory Computation using previously computed trajectory.
- Possibility to use IMU heading data to help SLAM Computation. This option is proposed if the VEC file support the IMU.
- Added double-click to configure algorithms in algorithm dialog.
- Added settings file import and export in Batch dialog.
- Added double-click to configure algorithms in Batch dialog.
- Fixed g2o memory failure on PPiMMS exit.
- Fixed pitch in TRJ export.
- Removed ‘Missing Metadata!’ from default comment value.
- Added message if support contract is out of date.
- Hyperlink of Export result information message displayed in Console didn’t work in case of space in it.
- Fixed ‘Reset parameters’ crash in algorithm dialog.
- Fixed update of constraints residual histogram button.
- Changed Odometric Trajectory Computation Parameters: Triple resolution option for SLAM, new default value of the SLAM speed accuracy threshold in Inertial Data Integration + SLAM mode.
- Added bounding box in the LAS file export.
- bMS3D system is now supported
- Teledyne DALSA camera supported.
- Colorization supports now perspective cameras.
- All exportations manage the “Export active block” option.
- PPiMMS licensing without dongle via Internet connection.
- Trajectory length can be computed via its context menu action.
- Multi-selection activated in the Treeview to enable multi-checking.
- Localization Data exportation.
- Added Go To widget in the 3D Viewer.
- EPSG transformation option in the point cloud exportation.
- Preview GCP position whatever its spatial reference system when adding a GCP constraint.
- Fixed Acquisition name imported during EAR and PAR importation.
- Export offset is now choose following the first active block for LAS file exportation.
- Fixed Acquisition renaming during AAR importation.
- Fixed split LAS file exportation.
- Fixed negative shift for all exportations.
- Fixed Vertical Scans and Camera Images exportation from Treeview context menu.
- vMS3D Acquisitions bigger than 1 hour are now correctly supported.
- Added error message if the PC’s graphic card doesn’t support the graphics shaders.
- Added progress status bar in the Windows taskbar button.
- Added a folder named like the Result in the export folders.
- Export camera images in separated folders for each camera (if there is more than one).
- Batch Processing and Acquisition Manager dialogs can now be maximized.
- Added synchronization error messages.
- Beautified measure tool widget.
- Installation or uninstallation of the software check if one of its instances is launched on the PC.
- Picture computation available in the Batch processing.
- Webviewer export can select point-cloud of the active blocks or the all blocks.
- Add compression level option for all the archive exports (VAR, EAR, PAR, AAR).
- Loop closure improvement for 3D acquisition type.
- Add a new filter (Vertical Filter) for 3D acquisition type.
- Environments and Projects can be opened from EAR and PAR files.
- Measure tool display 2D/3D distances.
- Manual constraint and semi-automatic constraint widgets are merged.
- Semi-automatic constraint works with only one click by block.
- Acquisition Manager widget display the synchronization state of each acquisition.
- The Trajectory Export window provides new shift parameters (x,y,z).
- In the Result node of the treeview, the user can choose to display only the active blocks.
- Added dedicated export directory in the Working Directory: sorted by Project. It is the default path for all the exports.
- New Synchronization version.
- Point-cloud colorization optimized.
- PPiMMS data compatible with MaGeLAAn (trajectory and LAS files).
- Trajectory optimization is set on “Frame Level” by default.
- “Frame Level” optimization needs a new stepOdometric Constraint Calculationthat is automatically launched after a Trajectory Computation.
- Add management of the Spatial Reference System with EPSG code.
- Memory management before launching SLAM (buffer overflow checked).
- New SLAM algorithm settings available.
- Display the number of checked sub-node and the total count in Constraint and Block parent Node.
- Added Restore Odometric Trajectory feature.
- Batch-processing provides the progress (status display) for each step of post-processing.
- Fixed Z-Estimation trajectory saving.
- Fixed bad behavior on Block objects when Odometry Trajectory re-calculating.
- Fixed navigation within the picture bubbles when point-cloud is intersected by the user-click.
- Fixed LAS export when files exceed 2 Go.
- Fixed crash when 3D Viewer Z-Far was modified.
- Fixed PTS files export.
- Prevent to active Project containing an acquisition who does not exist in the Working Directory.
- Fixed compatibility with archive version < 2.4 (.ear, .par, .aar).
- Heading calculation inaccuracy correction.
- Fixed global optimization failure: when constraints with distance were used.
- Better management of image resolution in the 3D viewer.
- Display or Undisplay camera mask in the Camera Treeview context menu.
- Batch Processing dialog manages now uniquely Project(s) from an Environment.
- The Batch Processing result is shown for each process of each Acquisitions in its treeview.
- WebViewer export improvements: with/without image mask, filter and colorization, process time improvement, new export format (VAR file).
- All systems with a panoramic camera (iMS3D, vMS3D, custom system) can be now exported for the WebViewer.
- New widget: Semi-Auto Constraint to help the Constraint picking.
- System serial number is displayed for each Acquisition in the Acquisition Manager.
- vMS3D and BackPack systems are now supported by the whole processing chain.
- Post-processing of systems with two lidars available: two lidar data merged as only one.
- Integration post-processed GNSS data.
- SLAM algorithm improvement: faster and more reliable.
- Attitude of system retrieve from AHRS sensor.
- Hyperlinks to folders when an export succeeds in the Log console.
- Setup improvements: ask for uninstall the previous version, ask for delete the user data.
- Export of unstitched images for Ladybug and their extrinsic and intrinsic settings.
- Export the unstitched Ladybug image trajectories.
- All export destination folders are by default the Result one.
- Image distortion correction fixed.
- Project and Result must be named only with ASCII characters.
- Enable the PPiMMS log e-mailing in case of software crash.
- Fix and re-enable Clean and Delete Project actions and Delete Environment too, ask in the same time for their Acquisitions deletion.
- New aar file export: now you can import the aar file even if it has been renamed outside PPIMMS.
- Pictures timestamps synchronized even if no event-marker detected.
- Minor GUI bugs resolved.
- Re-order and add more icons in the PPiMMS menus.
- Added export of environments (*.ear) and projects (.par).
- Added DXF format in point cloud export and lidar vertical profile export.
- Added decimation option in point cloud export.
- Added TRJ format in trajectory export.
- PGR format supported for input data.
- Added available memory information in Odometry Trajectory Computation properties.
- Added new options to force to be static at the beginning/end of an acquisition for SLAM computation.
- Added check box in blocks tree node to select/unselect every block.
- Added new icons.
- Modified SLAM history parameters.
- Improvement of web viewer map (automatic contrast adjustment).
- Fixed timestamp offset between navigation sensor and lidars.
- Reduce memory size of FishEye 3D objects.
- Fixed lidar synchronization file parsing if the file is corrupted.
- Fixed constraint selection mode change after a GCP adding.
- Disable the possibility to clear an acquisition without dongle.
- Fixed 2D accumulation filter which gave bad result in some case.
- Fixed crash during synchronization for only one image acquisition.
- Export for WebViewer available: share your data with WebViewer!
- Added lidar vertical profiles (iMS2D data).
- New information in “About PPiMMS”: ID and update number of the dongle.
- Pictures are displayed with mask when it exists.
- Added picture export: PGR file and many standard formats (jpg, png, tiff, bmp, …).
- New management of picture creation:
- automatically check (and computation if missing) on each time a project is activated.
- manual launch by user.
- Picture synchronization prevents loss of data when synchronization files are incomplete.
- Added display of perspective camera pictures.
- Odometric computation can launch SLAM on two merged lidars.
- User can choose to export point-cloud only for selected blocks (blocks used in minimization).
- Progress bar now refreshed for: pictures computation, synchronization, point-cloud filtering…
- Constraints used for “Frame Level” and “Block Level” are merged: the number of constraints is reduced by a half.
- Improvement of loop searching algorithm: find more constraints.
- Improvement of Z-relative estimation: local z-discontinuities removed.
- Synchronization available in Batch processing.
- Viewer zoom is smoother in orthographic projection mode.
- Fixed viewer X-Y axes alignment in top and bottom view (X toward the right, Y upward).
- Fixed display of media bowls in orthographic view.
- Fixed bad behavior of point-cloud texture display changing.
- Fixed bad behavior of “Go To” for trajectories, media and blocks.
- Batch processing: prevent crash of PPiMMS when no acquisition is added to a project.
- Save result at the end of a Batch processing.
- Fixed Z-relative estimation for acquisitions with “flat attitude”.
- Fixed cancel action when an acquisition is imported: delete only the current imported acquisition.
- Fixed error when only one block is selected for “Block-Level” minimization
- Added PPiMMS 2 manual.
- Added batch-processing: set up post-processing options on several acquisitions and start!
- Improvement of blocks-loading in the viewer.
- New default views: bottom, left, right, front, back.
- Improvement of Z-relative estimation: faster and more robust when lack of information.
- Minimization can be launched without constraint: the trajectory is then restored!
- Improvement of loops searching algorithm in 3D case: remove many bad blocks-matching, possibility to process very large acquisitions.
- Improvement of lidar 2D-filter (faster).
- Added new icons.
- Fixed “Auto Roll-Correction” shake.
- Cancel is possible when “Set As Active” project.
- Fixed undefined behavior of check-boxes in the tree-view (partial checked-state).
- Fixed bad behavior of constraints adding when odometry trajectory re-calculating.
- Workflow for new systems of Viametris: iMS3D and iMS2D.
- Workflow for Mobile Mapping System.
- New odometry trajectory calculating: new SLAM 2D and 3D, inertial sensor data integration.
- Viewer refactor:
- Navigation modes: top & orthographic 2D view, object-centered & perspective view and camera-centered & perspective view.
- Background-color option.
- GUI refactors.
- Algorithmic improvement:ç
- New sensor synchronization.
- Loop constraints faster and better.
- GPS constraints.